Electric vehicles are the need of the hour. Although there are quite a few electric vehicles on the road, they mostly comprise of electric rickshaws. Inspite of living in the most crowded cities, people still prefer to have their own vehicle for travelling, which can be a good option if you want to save time. In such cases, it is imperative to be mindful of the effect your vehicles have on the environment. It is always the best idea to invest in electric scooters, but before you do, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Battery: Since electric vehicles in general run on battery, it becomes one of the most important things to consider. Most electric vehicle batteries are lithium-ion batteries which are a great option. You can also look for removable batteries that you can charge wherever as per your convenience. Quite a few vehicles these days also come with swappable batteries, which can be great considering the lack of charging stations across regions.
- Design: Even though the use of electric scooters is fairly new, they have been in the market for quite some time, which means there are a lot of design options available to choose from. Gone are the days when electric scooters used to look plain and boring when compared to the combustion vehicles; the market now has competing designs.
- Mileage: Electric vehicles have the capacity of offering a mileage of over 100km per hour on one full charge. In the current situations where fuel prices have not stopped rising, electric scooters seem to be the best option. Make sure to pick the ones that offer the best mileage in a single charge.
- Charging speed: In the day and age where the most basic phones have fast charging, it is only fair for electric vehicle batteries to offer the same. The kind of battery you purchase impacts the speed of charging of the battery. A lithium-ion is way better and faster at charging than a lead acid one. Choosing the right battery also affects the functionality of your vehicle.
- Performance: The overall performance of the electric scooter is essential to consider. A lot of vehicles these days are not the old low-speed, high maintenance ones. The electric vehicles have come a long way in terms of development and are now high-speed, low-maintenance.
- Service Centres: Not a lot of electric scooter brands have service centres spread across the country. So when you are looking to buy a vehicle, consider a brand that is widespread and which has service centres easily accessible. Also look for models which have their parts easily available, or the costs that you are supposed to be saving in its maintenance can actually be less than the amount you spend acquiring a certain part.
- Important Features: A lot of electric vehicles are now smart. They include features like a GPS tracker, alarms, sensors, etcetera. The safety of the passenger and the driver is important; a lot of manufacturers are designing the vehicles’ structure in a way that it ensures the utmost safety of the people expected to use the vehicle.
- Test the vehicle: No matter how great the features of a vehicle sound, it is important to take a test drive. You can find a lot more about a vehicle through a test drive than by just looking at it. You get to analyse the torque and power of the vehicle as well.
These are just a few pointers that you have to absolutely keep in mind before purchasing an electric scooter, aside from the very specific features that you want. Insurance is also available on most vehicles, that we encourage you to take. No matter which vehicle you pick, remember to have a safe and joyous ride!
Leave a Reply